DOMAINE DE CONFOUX IS COMMITTED TO THE ENVIRONMENT!
BY PROMOTING BIODIVERSITY IN ORCHARDS
BY PRIVILEGING BIOLOGICAL CONTROL METHODS….
Control measures are implemented in orchards, with priority given to respect for the environment and water resources, as well as the protection of staff and residents…
- No acaricide use for several years,
- Confusion over all orchards against codling moth and the installation of alt-carpo nets,
- Control of Mediterranean fly based solely on food trapping and the use of clay,
- Optimization of scab control through the implementation of prophylactic measures, the use of networked weather stations and biological monitoring of projections (CIRAME),
- Mechanical weeding,
- Waste management: regulatory storage of fuels, oils, fertilizers, phytosanitary products, etc., and recycling of these same wastes,
- Interventions in orchards are well thought out and protective measures are put in place to protect local residents (safety nets and anti-drift equipment),
- Protection of pollinators with, in addition to the introduction of hives during flowering, the presence of a sedentary apiary (participation in a study on the behaviour of an apiary in arboricultural areas),
- Conservation of faunal shelters and reinforcement by the installation of tit nesting boxes….
- Finally, in order to limit water use, all orchards are irrigated by drip irrigation or micro-irrigation.
- Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Reduce your environmental footprint: by reducing emissions, managing waste, developing ecological and conservation approaches…